Our 12-Week Dental Assisting Program Overview
Pacific Northwest Dental Assisting School’s 12-week dental assistant program is an investment in your future. Our accelerated training program allows you to spend less time in the classroom, so you can earn your dental assistant certificate and begin working sooner than other programs that take up to one year to complete (and cost up to five times as much).
144 Hours of Classroom Study
Our instructor has 25+ years experience and is committed to your success!
50 Hours Hands-On Internship
Complete your hands-on internship experience at our on-site dental practice.
Dental Assistant Certificate
Receive your dental assistant certificate and start your career right away.
Tuition & Fees
Installment 1: $1,475
Installment 2: $1,475
Installment 3: $1,475
Installment 4: $1,470
Total Tuition: $5,995
Payment plans are offered, and financial assistance is available for qualifying students. To learn more, contact our admissions office online or call us at (360) 706-1989.
Upcoming 12-Week Courses Available
Please note based on the course session you choose below you will be attending classes on those days each week throughout the entire 12-week course. Please choose the course that best fits your schedule and availability.
Course Starts April 16th, 2023
Sunday- 8am-4pm Lecture and Lab / Tuesday 6:30pm-10:30pm Lab
Course Starts May 3rd, 2023
Friday- 8am-2pm Lecture and Lab / Wednesday 8am-2pm Lab
Course Starts June 3rd, 2023
Saturday- 8am-4pm Lecture and Lab / Monday 6:30pm-10:30pm Lab
Prior to the start of your training program, find out if you qualify for financial training assistance through Work Source.
Financial Assistance Available Through WorkSource Vancouver
“I was able to reach my goal of becoming a successful dental assistant, and I would definitely recommend this program to anyone.”
What’s Covered in Our Dental Assisting Training Program?
You’ll begin developing the practical skills you need for a career in dental assisting at your very first class. You’ll receive a fast-paced introduction to the dental field, including:
- Anatomy and physiology.
- Dental charting and billing.
- Dental equipment and technology.
- The role of a dental assistant and how they work with hygienists, dentists, and laboratory technicians.
In future classes, we’ll dive into important topics that include:
- Sterilization, disinfection & treatment room care — learn to sterilize a treatment room, perform mouth rinses, and work with a variety of dental instruments.
- Radiography safety & techniques — learn to take and develop dental x-rays. This course is Oregon board approved for radiation health and safety and makes you eligible to take the Oregon X-ray Test.
- Cements & dental impressions — learn about handheld dental tools, burs, and handpieces. You’ll also be introduced to the use of dental cements.
- Restorative dental care — discover the uses of amalgam and composite fillings, as well as how fillings are restored and how to create temporary crowns.
- Assisting with specialized dental procedures — learn to work alongside a dentist during oral surgery, root canals, scaling, and denture placement.
- Cosmetic dentistry & tooth whitening treatments — you’ll make a custom-made night-guard and tooth whitening tray and learn about other cosmetic dental treatments.
- CPR certification — learn essential first aid skills and receive your CPR certificate from our experienced instructors.
Complete Your Internship At Radiance Dental
At Pacific Northwest Dental Assisting School, you won’t have to hunt for a dental practice to complete your 50-hour internship. We’ll invite you to receive your required hands-on training at our on-site dental practice.
You’ll work alongside the most experienced and trusted dental professionals in the Vancouver area!
“Pacific Northwest Dental Assisting School has the best teachers, doctors, and staff. As a student, you get many opportunities to have hands-on training with the doctor. After completing the 12-week program, I feel confident in finding a dental assisting job. I highly recommend getting your dental assisting education here!”
– Sylvia W.
Meet Our Faculty
25+ Years Experience!
Begin a High-Paying & Rewarding Healthcare Career!
Frequently Asked Questions About Dental Assisting Careers
No, each state has its own licensing requirements for dental assistants. Fortunately, it’s very easy for our graduates to get started in a new job right away because there are no licensing requirements for most entry-level dental assistant jobs in the state of Washington. However, if you plan on working in Oregon, you’ll have to first work for 1,000 hours in Washington or pass a series of Oregon licensing exams. Your internship hours do count towards the 1,000 hours of work experience.
Of course! We invite all prospective students to speak with our experienced instructors. If you’re interested, you can also sit in on one of our classroom sessions or shadow a dentist at our on-site dental practice.
How Do I Apply?
It’s easy to apply online. If you have questions about any aspect of the application process, contact us online or call us at (360) 706-1989.
What Are the Entrance Requirements For Your Dental Assisting Program?
We consider all applicants and look for potential students who will:
When evaluating candidates, we will ask you for several character recommendations by personal and professional references. In addition, a high school diploma is required.
Beyond that, no previous healthcare career or training is needed. Many of our students have worked in unrelated fields like retail sales.
Get in Touch With Us Today
Pacific Northwest Dental Assisting School
19301 SE 34th St, #105
Camas, WA 98607
Hours: Mon-Sun 8:30am-6:30pm
Class Hours: Tues 6pm-10pm & Sun 8am-4pm
Office Phone: (360) 818-7273
Office Fax: (360) 369-4527